Sonos, Sr. Technical Training Manager, Customer Experience
2020 - Present
Biogen, Training Manager, R & D Learning
2019 - 2020
- Managed a large project to integrate an acquired company into the R&D training process that included creating role-based curriculums and migrating training records.
- Redesigned the training needs analysis component of the training processed used across R&D and created job aids and documentation to support it.
- Manage training development vendors to ensure quality, training effectiveness, and adherence to deadlines.
- Support training requests for R&D audits and inspections by running reports in SuccessFactors LMS.
Akamai, Training Manager
Akamai, Lead Senior Documentation and Training Specialist
Akamai, Senior Documentation and Training Specialist
Managed training for Global Performance and Operations, an engineering department that manages, monitors, and maintains the world's most highly distributed computing platform. Hired and managed a local and remote engineering training team.
- Identified training needs and scoped and prioritized projects by meeting regularly with stakeholders across the department.
- Designed and developed blended learning curriculums to address identified training needs, including global employee on-boarding programs and technical certification programs. Worked on multiple courses at once by working with engineer subject matter experts.
- Designed and ran learning games used to develop problem solving skills and foster collaboration across locations.
- Measured program effectiveness by analyzing survey and assessment results.
- Managed and led a large project to migrate over a hundred courses and associated completion data from an open source LMS to Cornerstone. The project resulted in saving over half a full-time employee.
- Drove a project to streamline and standardize a blended learning on-boarding program across multiple locations that resulted in a two week reduction in training time.
- Implemented course production process, software, and templates to structure and streamline work.
Self-employed, Freelance Instructional Designer
- Develop blended learning programs and self-paced online courses for clients including CDM Smith and Raytheon.
- Provide instructional design services as well course production and multi-media design using Lectora, Photoshop, Flash, and Captivate.
America’s Test Kitchen, Senior Instructional Designer
For a nationally recognized leader in the cooking publishing industry, led instructional design and course production for a cutting-edge online cooking school www.onlinecookingschool.com) that has enrolled thousands of students.
- Develop cooking school curriculum by working closely with the Editorial Director: Synthesize and edit content from various print sources, draft learning objectives and assessment questions, and design interactive learning experience.
- Drafted website content used to promote and market the cooking school.
- Help design a custom course authoring system and LMS from the ground up by working closely with developers to identify features and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Managed the production of over 100 courses: Developed production schedules, worked with various outside departments to coordinate and ensure on time delivery of assets, which include thousands of images and over 20 videos per course, and managed production assistants.
- Trained instructors on the fundamentals of effective teaching and worked with them to ensure high quality personalized instruction.
CDMSmith, Senior Training Specialist
- Worked with engineers (subject matter experts) to design and develop online training: Identified the business need for training, target audience, learning objectives, and the most effective delivery method; analyzed, organized, and rewrote technical content; drafted detailed storyboards; designed assessments; and built training using eLearning production tools such as Lectora and Flash.
- Planned and project managed multiple training initiatives simultaneously by organizing and facilitating large meetings, communicating proactively to move projects forward, setting deadlines, drafting and maintaining master schedules, and tracking deliverables.
- Designed course evaluations, analyzed evaluation results, and recommended course improvements.
- Mentored junior level employee in the development of visual design skills and supervised and managed the work of external consultants.
Iron Mountain, eLearning Instructional Designer
- Designed and developed online courses to deliver software application training: Wrote storyboards, created interactive elements for inclusion in online courses, and processed audio.
- Coached department trainers on the use of eLearning tools and assisted in course production.
Six Red Marbles, Contract Educational Product Developer
- Wrote functional specifications for the development of software that allows teachers to manage science labs and other classroom activities.
athenahealth, Instructional Designer
- Designed and created online courses to deliver job-specific and healthcare industry training. Identified learning objectives, created storyboards and outlines, wrote content, and developed courses.
- Acted as technical lead: Researched and implemented course publishing software and wrote specifications and procedure documentation for the development of online courses.
- Performed needs assessment and gap analysis around current LMS, served as interim LMS administrator, and hired and supervised external contractors to resolve technical issues.
Newbury College and The New England Institute of Art, Adjunct Instructor in Web Design
Fall semesters 2003, 2004, & 2005
- Developed a course syllabus, lesson plans, online lessons, homework, and in-class exercises to support student learning. Taught basic website production skills: XHTML and CSS coding, image creation, and the application of fundamental design principles and web standards.
Various Companies, Web Developer and Web Designer
- Held multiple positions in the field of web design and development.
Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro X, Sony Sound Forge, Audacity, Visio, HTML 5/CSS, Bootstrap, Microsoft Office Suite, and MS Project. Experience with Salesforce, SumTotal and Moodle LMSs, SQL, and SCORM standards.
Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, June 2005
Master of Education in Technology in Education
Coursework in learning technologies, learning theory, and curriculum development.
Brandeis University, May 1998
Bachelor of Arts, Major in English; Graduated cum laude.